Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wow! Mary J. Blige Flaunts Bikini Bod at 42!

119_maryj_inset 
Mary J. Blige is looking fit and fabulous at 42! The songstress is gracing the cover of the December issue of Shape magazine, showing off her rock-hard abs in a white high-neck bikini.

The Grammy-award winner is releasing a new holiday album and is determined to stay trim this holiday season.

So, what’s her secret?

"My main exercise is cardio," she tells the mag. "The treadmill is fine but running outdoors gives me the best results. I try to log 6 to 8 miles a week. I could be in the worst mood, but when I do my cardio I feel much, much better."

Blige admits that getting older has changed her body, but switching up her workout routine helps her maintain her fit frame. She sticks to a combination of strength training and swimming to spice up her fitness plan.

Don’t forget about diet!

Mary cut out sugar for three weeks before her cover shoot and usually follows a gluten-free, dairy-free and low-carb diet plan. The singer also cut out alcohol after Whitney Houston’s death.

"Others may be able to drink and have a great time, but it doesn’t work for me at this point," she explains. "I haven’t had a drink in a year and three months. I had quit for a long time but started again about five years ago. I’m off it completely once more, and now I feel stronger than ever." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We really appreciate your daily reading, please kindly drop your comments. Contact dharmonevents@gmail.com, +2348186219581, +2348089201059 for tips, Advert placement, Event Planning & Catering Services. Thank you, *Hugs and Kisses*